twitter facebook

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bravo's 'Work of Art' Is Well...Not a Work of Art

By Art + Times: 
Bravo has given us some entertaining programs over the past few years. They gave us a show about spoiled so called housewives and another about aspiring fashion designers making their designs work. Now their latest program comes in the form of something similar to 'Project Runway' but its about art?
Though the show has the pedigree of Project Runway creators and, at this point, certified reality TV geniuses the Magical Elves, I was wary of the show last season. It just seemed so completely ridiculous, this idea that we could somehow assess Art (it always seems to require a capital A, doesn't it?) and reward cash prizes to those who do it "best." So I didn't watch, convinced this odd smudge on the TV landscape would be wiped out after one unwatched season. But my curiosity was piqued when Bravo began airing a second season. Surely there must be something there worth watching if enough people tuned in to earn it a second go-around. And so, thanks to the wonder of DVR, I caught up with the two or so episodes of this season that I'd already missed and by the end of the third episode was, with a sigh, fully hooked. It's so much more entertaining than it has any right to be!

Source: AtlanticWIRE
 
Copyright © 2014 THE AFFLUENCER | an auth digital property