twitter facebook

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ready Or Not Here They Come

By Art + Times: 
The UAE is a growing art hub. There is no doubt inspiration to create is all around for any new artists. From beautiful people to the unique designs and colors of architecture in places like Dubai. But most are not ready for such a thing, even if it is clear to the naked eye that art is on the rise with the many openings of galleries and even educational programs being created in support of it. 23 year old student Suqrat Al Tenaiji is leading the charge for his fellow students. He is the founder and leader of The Art Club at Dubai Men's College.
"I discovered I liked art in year 10; I always used to draw but my teacher encouraged me to take it seriously and choose it as an AS level subject," he said. "I thought she was joking but soon realised I cared about painting and mixing colours so I started sketching free hand."  
[Gulfnews]
 
Copyright © 2014 THE AFFLUENCER | an auth digital property