twitter facebook

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

John Forte Goes to Russia

STUNNED BY DRE:
Remember John Forte? He is was like the unofficial 4th member of The Fugees. He also got locked up for smuggling liquid cocaine, sentenced to 14 yrs, served 7 and the rest was commuted by President GW. Bush thanks to  the support from some of his friends in high places. As if that ordeal wasn't enough for the rapper, John Forte recently journeyed in to the land of the KGB, Russia to capture footage of himself working with some Russian artists.
“I think the knee-jerk reaction of coming home was to make a documentary about my life preceding prison, and what took place in prison, leading up to me coming home. But something about it just didn’t feel right. It felt exploitative,” Forté said. “You know, I went to prep school. When I came back to the ‘hood, it wasn’t like people slapped me on the back and said, ‘Wow, you got your stripes now.’ But there were so many guys that went [to prison] for a year, went away for two years, went away for five years. And when they came back, it was almost like they were praised. And that’s the last message I wanted to send. There was nothing cool about my time away.”
[NYT]


 
Copyright © 2014 THE AFFLUENCER | an auth digital property